Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Packing Break

It is really nice to have time to move. To not have to pick up everything you own in one day. However, it also feels like I have been carrying stuff for a month. I am ready for it to be done. I’m sure they are too.

So, yesterday I took a break from all the packing, lifting, shuffling of goods to actually run the girls. I think they have been wondering what the hell they did to deserve the copious amounts of neighborhood walks and severe lack of ball throwing of late.

Kate was on a roll. Lots of actual ball getting yesterday.
DSC_2221

Not bad for the girl who is referred to by other park goers as The One Who Never Gets The Ball
DSC_2139

Some People just shorten it to The One Who Misses
DSC_2216

I suppose, if I’m being honest, they do have a point
DSC_2158

Then I yelled at Bella for something. Remember Bella?
DSC_2180

And Kate thought she was in trouble. If you ever want to learn about dog body language and calming signals you only need spend and hour or so with Miss Kate.

She put herself in a time out. Which is weird because I am so not a time out person.
DSC_2185

Then she sits there looking at me waiting for me to undo what I never did in the first place

Can I go now?
DSC_2191

Yes, off with yourself. Go stalk squirrels.
DSC_2201

It’s a shame that the only time she looks remotely Border Collie-ish is when she hunting. Boo for sheep-loser dogs!

She is a pretty little thing, though, right?
DSC_2226

And totally unrelated to Kate punishing herself…

This pic sums them up so well. Bella is firmly planted and still. Kate is on her tippy-toes ever so slightly leaning, leaning, leaning. I bet if I waited long enough she would just fall over.
DSC_2165

The end!
DSC_2196

10 comments:

  1. The last pic is perfect for an ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Your pics always bring me a smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rufus does the same thing when I yell at Stella! He acts like he's the one in trouble.

    I love the picture of Kate sproinging up to get the ball on the ground. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual great pictures which I'm enjoying looking at several times :o)

    //Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It’s a shame that the only time she looks remotely Border Collie-ish is when she hunting. Boo for sheep-loser dogs!"

    Ha! Mine is the exact same way. She's a mixed breed, but she goes into the border-collie crouch and stalk whenever she spots a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you done moving yet? I miss you guys! I'm needing some new Kate and Bella shots to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete