Monday, October 5, 2009

What I Said, What She Heard

So, you can send your dog out to things, right? Bella has 2 of these commands. Go Get Around It means, well, just what it says. Pretty self-explanatory even for a dog. Get around what I’m pointing at and keep moving. The other one is Go Hide. That is go stand behind what I’m pointing at. Or, if I’m not pointing, go pick your own thing to hide behind.

Now, I would like to tell you that she knows these things because I spent so much time and energy doing foundation training for agility. Sure, yes, we are *that* dedicated. But really, it’s just a good way to get your dog away from you so all your photographs are not of dog asses. A little distance allows one to capture their dog trying to scratch their heiny at 30 MPH.

DSC_4079

It’s supposed to look like this…
DSC_4076

However, in Bella’s little, always calculating brain, she figured this was close enough…
DSC_4069

Hmm, hidey hole. I guess she gets points for thinking. I mean, she is hiding, right?
DSC_4070

Always looking for a shortcut, that one.
DSC_4048

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome. I have a feeling if mom ever said that to us we would tell her to speak English
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like someone has a sense of humor! If I tell my dogs to go away from me, I usually get Bess' nose up my butt. Yeah, gotta work on that one.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is off the subject, but the colors in Bella's coat look gorgeous; such beautiful browns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beyond adorable. I love it when dogs are thinking, even when they don't get it quite right. I think that's my favorite part about doing clicker training with my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What terrific pictures- you captured the action spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever dogs. These are very sleek creatures. Si

    ReplyDelete